Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Child of God

I am a child of God's. I am made in the image of them...God, Jesus, Holy Spirit. If I am made in the image of them, it seems I should look like them, right?
I wonder if people realize I am related to God?
Do you think Jesus would be standing there with us in the hallway when we are eager to get the latest "scoop" on one of our coworkers or kids families? Or would he be there with the "scoopee" offering love?
Do you think Jesus would be there beside us when we berate a student for not doing the "right" thing again? Or would he be there beside the student offering to do whatever he could to help?
Do you think Jesus would laugh when we enjoy someone else's "funny" clothes or hair or speech or whatever? Or would Jesus take the time to reach out a hand to that person and show them love is much deeper than funny clothes or hair or speech?
God tells us to do two things: Love Him and love others...a lot!
Here's the next question. Would anyone recognize me as a child of God?
I have heard it said that when we get to heaven, God will ask one question and it won't be to us. It will be to Jesus and he will say, "Do you know this one?"
Will Jesus know me? Do I know him? Do you? Does anyone else know we are Christians by our love?

No comments: