Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Surprise!

Lately, I am more and more surprised at the person God is currently forming me into. And sometimes he has to resort to serious measures.
Today my little husband started his new job as a supervisor with the 2010 Census. So, he had to go to work, but since I'm still a Preston County school teacher, I didn't have to go. Having the day to myself and no snow predicted for the day I am thinking I should get out and about...adventure time...see the snow in Terra Alta, take lunch to Stevie, drive about...
I get everything packed and start my car from the house so it will be all toasty warm and go out to get in. I can hear the CD playing, but when I try to "start" the car with the key, it dies. I lucked into a good samaritan who helped me for probably an hour and a half...the engine is dead. Not the battery and not a fuse for the ignition...
Decide to try our "new" Jeep (that I got title and tags for because I could walk there), so I repack everything, give the dogs their bones and get in the Jeep. It looks too scary to try and get it out of the driveway where my little husband very carefully put it so we can fit 3 vehicles for the time being.
Not going anywhere today.
I come back in the house, start dinner for my little husband and myself, fix me a bite of lunch and actually eat it on a plate, and clean house! What???? Who is this person? No pouting, no reading, no napping...all my usual first responses didn't kick in.
I am becoming the servant spirit that I have asked God to change me into. I am learning to be less selfish.
And weirdest of all....I enjoyed it.
Oh, did a little laundry, too.
House smells good, going to make a salad and play a little Bejeweled while waiting for my little husband to come home.
Life is good.
Thank the Lord. Amen.

No comments: