Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Disney

In the middle of the Advent Conspiracy posts...but it really took place before I started them...a report on the Disney trip.
We had a great time. Enough laughing to cause incontinence! Enough screaming to cause sore throats. Enough lights to cause squinting. A bit of an adventure seeing all those Christmas decorations in palm trees and such, but a lot of lights twinkling always looks good, right? Enough sweet desserts to keep you awake for hours and happy about it! Enough walking to make you not feel too badly about eating at a dessert buffet at 9:00 at night!
I have been to Disney World a few times, but never before in the "Christmas" season. The weather was much more agreeable and the lines were much more manageable. I would suggest this time of year to anyone with kids. We did 4 parks in 3 days and I think each of us saw most of what we wanted to see. We arrived as the park opened and left as it was closing 3 different days. We are so lucky to have Amy who is a type A planner of all things recreational. No thinking involved when you are on one of Amy's trips. You just get to enjoy the sights...if you can keep up with her! I hope she enjoys doing the planning as much as I enjoy the plans.
All of that said...I did have some twinges of elitism (is that a word?) that I am not comfortable with. Generally, if something isn't available to any and everyone, I don't want to be part of it either...and a Disney trip is expensive for a family. And then of course, I get back to hear about the Advent Conspiracy and begin to think of all the things I could have spent that money on...
But, I did enjoy time away with good friends and that is worth more than any money.
I would show you some photos, but the trip coordinator is also the photographer and I haven't gotten any photos yet. She took some great ones, so that is something you can look forward to...

No comments: