Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mission Accomplished

You know why I love being married? Well, married to my little husband in particular? He is good with me being an able assistant on projects and not much of a house cleaner. Right, Little Husband?
We have been having a bit of wind the last few days and this afternoon our neighbor pointed out that the antennae on top of our roof was listing (and not to port...must be starboard). This is not a little bitty antennae. It is a 12 foot antennae on a 30 foot pole that was attached to the chimney with brackets and secured with steel cables at 3 points on the eaves. Now, why we needed this monstrosity when we don't even have a TV is another discussion all together.
Anyway, after the helpful neighbor pointed this out, my husband began planning. The plan came to fruition at about 10:00pm tonight. He sets up the ladder, plugs in the Sawzall (is that how you spell that toy?), and up we go onto the roof of the house. It is not nearly as breezy as it has been, thank goodness. We cut the one remaining cable. He starts the cut on the bracket attaching it to the chimney and then hands off the toy. He goes to the mid point of the support pole and I put the flash light in my mouth and get to finish the sawing! Much more fun than say, sweeping or dusting or doing the dishes! I cut the bottom bracket and we put the antennae on the ground behind the house...all without any mishap or excitement!
The only bad news is, the house still needs cleaned!
The best news is that my husband loves me anyway....ahhh, blessing.

4 comments:

MonchyB said...

lucky you, having your loving housband!

Donna said...

Stevie said we were both nuts to be up there! Probably right, but all is well.

Constance said...

hahahaha that is too funny - I would have liked to have seen that show! :D I AM curious as to why you had the antenna to begin with! hahahahah

Donna said...

My little husband had hopes of TV time, but that didn't work out!
I would so much rather be on a midnight roof adventure than dusting and sweeping inside the house. Something is wrong with me for sure!