Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Minimumly Musical

My little husband and I went to the community Christmas dinner at the high school tonight. It was tasty enough, but the real fun was the entertainment they had planned. The musical theatre group as well as the bands and choirs performed. It was a nice variety of music.
But the main thing is that because I am only minimumly musical, I can, and do, enjoy it all. I don't know enough to be analytical about what I am hearing.
It is kind of interesting to me. I have a hard time, nearly impossible time, sitting still while music is being performed, but I don't really feel like I have much rhythym. I long to be a dancer, but am not brave enough.
And here's another part of the puzzle. Mostly I don't care for radio music, but almost any kind of live music I am happy with. Maybe it is the connections. Seeing those kids perform tonight and knowing how that, all that, that goes into a performance is making them more prepared to be the future...teary eyed through most of it.
But none of this is the best part yet. At the very end...after 2 long hours on the bleachers...I got to sing the Hallelujah Chorus with the choirs and anyone from the audience who wanted to join us on the floor. It was great!
See, being only minimumly musical means I can sing with abandon and joy. I know enough to stop singing if I am way off, but otherwise I don't sweat the small stuff and just enjoy!
Amen!

No comments: