Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Slow Down

As I have been edging toward a simpler, quieter, slower life and praying, I am sometimes surprised by God.
Tonight I was over booked and knowing I would be in a rush all evening. I had a doctor's appointment in Terra Alta that I had to zoom away from school for. Then I had to zoom back for a PTA meeting and I need to cook something for a church dinner tomorrow night...aarrrggh! Where's the peace, right?
So, on the way up the mountain my car dies. As I am trying frantically to get Stevie so she can come and get me, my cell phone starts to have issues.
So, now I am thinking it was all a slow down message. We did live before cell phones. I could have walked somewhere to use a phone and give someone a chance to show some Christian charity.
I did get to the doctor and she was very nice and took a lot of time with me. Told me everything looked good inside and out...for my age! It was all so good that I completely forgot to worry about getting to my meeting...and it all went well at the meeting even with out me....how about that?
In all of this I was forced to slow down and think again....
Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Isn't it amazing how His gentle nudging isn't evident enough for us to listen and at times we need more prompting. He truly knows what is best for us and finds a way to make us see it, as well!

Donna said...

I am constantly praying that I see and know His will sooner rather than later. Gentle nudge is so much more...gentle. :>)