Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Friday, December 25, 2009

A New Christmas

This year has been very different for me at Christmas. There is nothing on my list, so everything will be a wonderful surprise. I found simple gifts that seem just right for all of my family and can't wait to see if they agree...and knowing my family, I will still be OK when they don't get excited. I know it is a good gift that will be used and appreciated, if only silently, over the years.
This is the very first year that I haven't been waking someone up with, "It's Christmas! Let's open the presents!" I know. Really. At the tender age of 53! Well, better late than never. Instead, I got up and started making the cookies for my brother...joyfully, with the help of my little husband.
Only after that did we exchange our gifts. Ahhh.
Now we are off to Monroe's to help in anyway we can with the free dinner Jimmy serves each year.
Then off to my dad's for the night.
It's taken 53 years, but maybe, just maybe I am beginning to "get" it.
Merry, merry Christmas to you and yours.

No comments: