Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Villages

I got to go to Florida for Thanksgiving this year to help my friend, Stevie, celebrate her 60th birthday a bit early. We were lucky enough to be able to stay in a friend's house while there. It is in The Villages at Lady Lake, Florida. The Villages are a grand retirement village of about 70,000. Can that really still be a village? It was an eye opening and laugh inducing experience. These folks know how to enjoy the life they are living. There are activities scheduled all the time, from polo to woodworking. There is live music every night in the square. It is very appealing. Their main mode of transportation is a golf car (not cart). And these are not just your plain old golf carts...it was great fun to see all the individuality. They built a bridge just wide enough for 2 carts to pass to go over the 6 lane freeway below and tunnels to go under...what a juxtaposition! Speedy and slow. I am so looking forward to the slower pace. We got to spend an afternoon and evening with two friends who live there. They were so sweet with us and each other. How gentle they were. I can see now the possible reward for working all this time...a slower, gentler time is in my very near future!
Wonder why we can't live that life now and then???

No comments: