Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Snow

Well, it is here. It is beautiful. It is SNOW!
I am looking forward to a day of quiet. Snow makes everything seem more quiet....muffled.
Went out to Shangri La Ti Da for a check. Went out to eat Chinese. Now home.
It just doesn't get any better than this, does it? Slow and peaceful. In from the snow and looking at a new seed/plant catalogue and thinking of the garden to come in the spring. After having read Barbara Kingsolver's book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle I am excited to try some fun plants in the garden this year. Our first garden at Shangri La Ti Da...which is, by the way, already winterized with about a foot of mulch over the two new 4x40 foot beds.
This is the pace I am looking forward to after retirement...time to enjoy and see and appreciate what is around me.
I don't even have all my Christmas done, but I have shed that frustration and anxiety and feel peaceful with what is done already and the wrapping I can do and plans to make for what still needs to be done.
Thank the Lord for this Christmas miracle...
Amen

No comments: