Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Answered Prayer

A week ago tonight, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I might be having a heart attack. I had pain down my left arm, over my shoulder and up my neck. I felt like the air I was trying to breathe was heavier than usual. I couldn't lay on my left side. There was no sharp pain, but massive discomfort. I got up and took an aspirin just in case...you're supposed to do that, right? I lay flat on my back for about an hour and fell back to sleep.
Having never been any kind of sick or hurt really, and having a high pain thresh hold AND most importantly, having had an ER nurse for a mother, it never really occured to me to wake my little husband over this event.
On Saturday, I was still having a little trouble breathing that heavier than normal air. Did finally tell my little husband. He turned the heater on in the bathroom and told me I could take my shower before we went to the ER. I talked him out of that.
By Sunday after church even I decided I should be well by now. I went to Med Express. They did an EKG and wanted to put me in the hospital over night for blood work and a stress test. I voted no and came home. She did say I wasn't a likely candidate, but at my AGE she felt compelled to recommend the hospital visit! Should you say something like that to a person who might be having heart issues???? I was still breathing heavy air, but mostly only when I didn't have anything else to think about.
Monday after school I went to the doctor here. He gave me nitroglycerine tablets and said I should get a stress test.
Monday morning I had stepped out of my comfort zone, admitted I had a weakness and a need for prayer. Now, my little husband and I had been praying regularly since this happened. Not enough. God was inviting me to invite others into my life...not just the surface living but the whole messy wonder of me. I let them in and they came gladly and wholly.
I am convinced that my friends at school prayed me whole and well again. I haven't had any problems since Monday...none, nada, zilch, zippo!
Thank you, God. Thank you, friends.
God's people are powerful.
Amen.

6 comments:

AnneS said...

So glad you are feeling better. We will keep you in our prayers also. Please call if you need anything!

Donna said...

Thanks so much. What a difference it makes. Talking to the stress test doctor after school today.

AnneS said...

Don't ignore your health! It's too important. Make sure you get that stress test. We're thinking about you. Love you!

Donna said...

Stress test in the works for sometime next week...Dr. Vorha said it would most likely show nothing and I'm OK with that!

Shawn Graham said...

I'm so glad you're feeling well. I wanted to let you know that your blog inspired me on many different levels...I have started my own..bipolarstrength.blogspot.com. I'm hoping that by sharing what I have been through, treatments, etc. that it might help someone else!

Donna said...

Shawn, how did you find the blog? So glad you did! I will go and have a look at yours as well.
Thanks for the kind words.