Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Unexpected

All week the weather people have been predicting major snow that would be south of us...but they were wrong!
We didn't get major snow, but we got a lot of snow fast this morning. Beautiful, fluffy and frigid! Winter weather.
I tried to take my walk at the track without realizing how much snow we had already gotten. There were no tracks even in the parking lot at the high school and it was so slippery that I thought I wasn't going to be able to stop when I got to the wall... but I did. Walked around the track twice, but it was a sheet of ice under 5 inches of fluffiness and I only had on my tennies...remember, I already told you I didn't realize how much snow we had already gotten...
I finally gave up and walked in the tire tracks of my car in the parking lot for awhile and came home.
Listened to the Mountaineer game, created a couple of Whimsical Woolies, ate some homemade potato soup, took a nap...
This kind of snow causes you to slow down, maybe even stop completely. Appreciate that time - you need it. God is so smart. He knows we need a time to rest and slow down...He gave us winter in Preston County. Enjoy!

No comments: