Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Amazing Appearing Cat

We have cats and dogs and I can't even imagine not having them, or some of their kin. They are so amusing.
Sunday, on the way to church, I realized it was too cold and ran back in to get a sweater. As I ran in, Skippy Joe ran out. I gave it a very hearty attempt to get him back in the house... for about 15 seconds. I was late for church already! So, Skippy was out on his own. He isn't an outdoor kitty really and this was the first time we had left him out when we weren't there to let him in as soon as he asked to come in. It was a little nerve wracking.
After church, as soon as I got out of the car, I was calling for The Skipster. He is usually pretty good about showing himself when called...not always coming to you or coming inside, mind you, but showing himself to see if you have something interesting...and there was no Skippy Joe. Now a little bit nervous. There is a mean neighborhood kitty.
As soon as I walk in the door, there is Skippy, sitting at the water bowl, giving me the evil eye as if to say, "Where have you been? I wanted in and you weren't here." I looked at my husband just to confirm that he hadn't let the cat in before we left for church even though I knew that he had been in the car when I ran up to the house for my sweater...even though I knew that he didn't let Skippy in, THERE was Skippy! The amazing APPEARING cat!!!
With a little confusion and trepidation I went further into the house. As I got to the bedroom the mystery was solved. The screen from the window was on the floor and the window wide open. The mighty Skippster had climbed up on the wood pile under the window and pushed the screen into the room...I thought the dogs must have helped at first, but even our smarter than average dogs couldn't have pulled the screen into the room.
All you can do is shake your head and grin!
What amazing thing has your furry friend done?

No comments: