Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Early Columbus Day

Just spent a wonderful weekend in Columbus with two of my most favorite travelling buddies, Stevie and Amy. We have travelled together enough to know how to keep the peace for a week to ten days at a time! Mostly I stay while they go when I am about to be testy from too little "alone time" and they have learned to be OK with that. There are not many other people, besides my little husband, that I can imagine spending that much fun time with.
So, we were in Columbus. I got to sleep in a non hairy bed. I had flowers waiting for me. The condo was clean, clean, clean and there was good conversation for as long as I could stand it...
Sleeping Friday night was interesting. Amy lives in a flight path for the Port Columbus airport so I could hear planes flying over head, but then just after that I could hear a flock of geese flying over and then another plane. In spite of our best efforts we can't get rid of nature. It just keeps adapting. Thank God.
Saturday I got up and had fresh citrus salad and Egg McShuppes before we went for a wonderful walk in the park. Another of those city juxtapositions...we are walking in beautiful, quiet, deep woods and you can hear the interstate on one part of the path. Then we started on our shopping odessy. There is so much there that I can't even get a grip on it. There were lots of places that I would have liked to stop, but there was just no time. It's too much for me on a daily basis for sure, but it is nice to be able to go and visit. We got good deals and ate good food.
I know for a fact that I would never want to live in a city like that and I am even more looking forward to living more and more simply...but, again, it is nice to be able to go and visit with good friends.
Thanks to my travelling buddies for a fun weekend!
Oh, and I am inspired again to create some primitive Whimsical Woolies!
Hope you had a great weekend, too.

No comments: