Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

And Then They Were One

Amber and Bryan have been going to church with us for quite awhile now. They are so cute and sweet and faithful. It is not an easy thing to make God a focus in your life when you are not surrounded by like minded people. They are making a go of it and seeming to enjoy the journey.
Watching them love each other and get engaged - it just makes a believer in you all over again.
Today was the wedding. The church was beautiful and the pews were full.
As we stood to welcome Amber into the service I watched Bryan instead of turning to see Amber...it was so worth it to see the love all over his face. When I did turn to look at Amber she was aglow as well. Finally, she and Bryan got to get ahold of each other and they held on so tightly and encouragingly. When Bryan stumbled over the tears in his throat during the saying of the vows, Amber never looked away and encouraged him ever so gently with her hands on his. When it was Amber's turn to talk, Bryan was the encourager. When they got to finally seal the deal with the kiss, they melted into each other and gathered strength.
This has been typical of what I have seen and known about them from church. They seem to understand even now that love is more than a feeling. It is a determination to lift up your mate with encouragement every time it is needed. It is all that and more!
I have a great feeling about these two young folks...it's a lifetime of joy for them. I'm sure. I can't wait to watch them grow older together.
God bless them real good.

No comments: