Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pretending

I hope it isn't just me, but am afraid that it may be. Does any one else ever feel like they don't know who they are anymore? I feel like I am just pretending to be whatever anyone needs me to be and I'm not sure who I am or want to be anymore. It is very disconcerting, to say the least.
Today at church, the preacher told us not to store up treasures here on earth and proceeded to talk about what those treasures might be. I found out that I couldn't think of one "thing" I treasured here. That doesn't seem normal.
I want to be who God meant me to be. Seems like I should feel some leading or reassurance or something...
Sometimes I think it is OK to pretend to be something until you can really be that (like patient, kind, generous), it's like practice, but I don't think it is probably a good idea to pretend to be all the time.
Maybe I'm just having a bad day...I'll try pretending that I am happy.

No comments: