Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Arrrgghh to Ahhh

By the end of the day today, I was in a mood and it wasn't all butterflies and rainbows, either. Technology, unfairness, can'ts, shouldn'ts...aaarrrrggghh!
After a lovely dinner with my sweet husband (who always knows to be extra sweet when I am saying aaaaarrrrggghhhh!) I decide to go to the Board of Education meeting...adding insult to injury, right?
Well, as I got out of my car behind the Board office and saw that view over the valley to the mountains, the peace of my Creator God, in charge, came over me. For sure there is evil out there seeking to destroy and devour all that is right and good...no butterflies and rainbows for these guys. Hmmmm, maybe I was having a "dark side" moment there at the end of school. Hmmmm, where there is light (God's side) the dark cannot be. That's not just some good spiritual hoo ha, that's good science (and good spiritual hoo ha). So, I guess when I let God's light go out or turn away from it, then that arrrgghhhh dark is there. Hmmmm. Doesn't seem that hard...stand in the light, right? Where's my sunglasses???
Anyway, that amazing view inspired me to be peaceful. The board meeting was nothing but good news! We are doing all we can and doing it well, to avoid the H1N1 crisis. The state auditor is very happy with us and very complimentary. No hecklers were in attendance...
So, thank God I went from an aaarrrrggghhh afternoon to an ahhhhh evening.

No comments: