Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday

It was a rainy day today. All day. Nice and cool. Amazing how with a rainy day everyone can only remember the rainy day Buckwheat Festivals. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "It ALWAYS rains during the Buckwheat Festival." Hmmm. Didn't rain yesterday or Thursday and shouldn't rain tomorrow. It is one of those things about human nature that seem sad to me. We tend to see the negative, the half empty glass as our default mode. For example, today when I saw a friend who has a new job I had to conciously stop myself from asking her if there were any mean people working with her. I asked instead if there were any friendly and helpful ones and what a difference it made in the tone of our conversation...lots more smiles and laughs instead of whining and frowns. Hmmmm.
Spent most of the day selling art in the Arts Council booth. Saw lots of people, got to know some of my fellow artists better, and sold a good bit of art by all the artists. A good day...maybe even a great day if my feet aren't too upset in the morning. I even began to feel just a bit of kinship with the other artists in our booth and the other booths. Interesting.
Yesterday, Stevie and I spent a couple of hours frying sausage at the community building. It wasn't hard work, but it was dangerous...I smelled so "sausagey" when I got home that my dogs went a little crazy! Quick in the shower....
Then a great concert by Kathy Mattea. And we had front row seats!!!! WooHoo.
Tomorrow is church. Blessing. Sustenance.
But for now, I sold all but one of my Carolina Stars (yippee!) and I need to go and help my little husband finish up a few for tomorrow.

No comments: