Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Little Joys

My kids are so excited about the Mini Buckwheat Festival we are having at school tomorrow. We talked about it and sent the note home explaining it all to their parents yesterday. Today several of them reported that they already had their "pet" for the pet show in their backpack today so they didn't forget it tomorrow. Some are working with the Nana's to create art for the art show, some wanted their moms to dig up the morning glory plant from the yard for the plant show. They are excited and it makes my job so much fun! While they tour the Buckwheat Festival grounds tomorrow morning I will be at school thinking up ways to award prizes to everyone...not everyone gets 1st place, but everyone does get a prize. So, there are prizes for things like, "Stripiest Animal" "Purplest Flower" "Picture with the Most Colors". You get the idea. They will love seeing the awards pinned on their creatures or creations. They will get to play games and get prizes...and of course, eat buckwheat cakes (no sugar added) with sugar free syrup for my diabetic darlings and their chubby teacher! Oh yeah. We also crown our own King and Queen! They each get to come and tell me who they think should be our Royalty and usually they make an amazingly wise choice.
Another small joy for me today was a wonderful group of parents who are willing to come in and volunteer to work 2 or 3 times a week with the kids for and hour and a half. It's a major committment and I am thrilled with their willingness. They had their training today after school. They will start on Monday!
Did you find joy in your day today?

No comments: