Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fest'al Time

When it's frostin' in the meadows and there's colorin' on the mountains, then you know that once again, it's Fest'al Time.
It's only Thursday and I have had festival fries with vinegar 3 times and buckwheat cakes once!
I spent a fun 2 hours at the Arts Council booth demonstrating how to make Carolina Stars. It was great. You get to sit down, visit with people and get stuff done! I got 4 stars made and hopefully I will need them to sell before the weekend is over. My friend, Anne, bought one tonight. Thanks.
My little husband and I watched the parade and I cried at every little band that went by. I wanted to walk out in the street and thank the band directors as they went by, for making a difference in those kids lives.
But, all that said, I was teary eyed today and told my husband that I missed being the me that used to LOVE the Buckwheat Festival. I don't rightly know where she got to.
Let me know if you see her.
ps...saw some of my kids and parents today...they shared how proud their kids were of their ribbons and prizes from the mini-Buckwheat Festival! Oh, yeah. That's why we went to all that extra trouble. :>)

No comments: