Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Max

Today our first monarch butterfly hatched out. The kids are pretty faithful about checking on them first thing in the morning. I made sure to point out how clear the chrysalis was and tell them to keep a close eye on him. Just about 10 minutes later the watchers started shouting, "It's out, it's out!" We all gathered around the table and sat on the floor and watched the miracle. Sharing it with these eager, amazed little beings is just like seeing it anew each time. It doesn't get much better than that. After lunch we named him, Max, and set him free. Another powerful moment was when he finally leaped into the air off of my fingers and flew, after hunkering down for a few minutes in the slight wind. The kids all start waving and saying, "Bye, Max!"
Do you have a better job than this? I can't imagine.
I also saw a couple of my kids today fold their hands and pray, God is great, God is good, before they ate their snack.
Oh, and I wore those jeans I bought right before school started and they do fit and look pretty good!

3 comments:

Constance said...

That is so awesome!! The girls were so excited to tell me all about Max on the way home! Very very cool. :)

tforman7 said...

I think I saw Max today out at recess. He was flying around the football field. I tried to keep him safe.

Donna said...

They wanted to know if he was in Mexico today already...I'll tell them he's hanging around to enjoy the festival...they should look for him.