Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blessings

Today has been full of blessings big and small. My friend Misty's mom came through her surgery with glowing results. My friends, Stevie and Amy, made their connecting flight for Ireland with time to spare after a sprint to the counter after a delay in Pittsburgh. My husband and I had a fun and fruitful day while roofing the shed together and having a picnic lunch on site. Well, OK maybe all the blessings were big.
Prayer has been becoming more and more intergral to my daily life. I pray just in short little conversations many times through out the day. Yesterday I saw the movie, My Sister's Keeper, which was a wonderful, powerful, moving book by Jodi Picoult and a not very good movie, but anyway, I found myself praying for families, real families, in the same situations. This is all new to me, but seems to feel right. God and I talking regularly. I am striving for it to be my default response to life as it happens.
Bluebirds have built a nest in one of our boxes on the property. Lexi, the neighbor's yellow lab puppy, came to visit a couple of times while we were working. Chipmunks make more noise than you would imagine as they scurry about in the woods.
I smashed my finger while nailing on the roof and have more bruises than I can count, but it feels good to do hard work with someone you love as you are building a dream.
Had dinner with our group from church...good conversation with good people...trying to become family.
Yes. Lots of blessings today...thank you, Jesus.

No comments: