Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hermit

I am by nature pretty much a hermit but I am asking God to show me ways to make connections and ways to be of service. I know that is risky and God has a sense of humor. This I know. Once when I was praying for help to stay on the diet (really Weight Watchers which isn't technically a diet) we went to eat at Monroe's before a meeting and they just never came to wait on us...and then we had to leave. While I was complaining to my sweet husband while we drove to the meeting I hear the little voice that says, "You asked for help..." Too funny.
So, this is one attempt to connect and share my life.
Today I drove to Davis to look for an old lady bicycle...up handle bars and a comfy seat. The guy in the store wins the prize for most charming and helpful...when I told him I was looking for an old lady bike, he asked if it was for my mother...now that's charming! But, the seat was not comfy and for the price it was going to cost I wanted really comfy. I also want cute/retro with fenders and a basket and a kickstand. Must look groovy while riding...but not today. Nearest Schwinn dealer is over near DC. That will be more than a day trip.
Took a new road for part of the way home. I love driving. For me there is usually as much joy in the journey as in the destination. It was a pretty part of Route 50 that I hadn't been on before. An end to end Rt. 50 trip is still on my list of things to do...sort of like a Bucket List...did you see that movie?
I also finished up a couple of my felt creations. One is a biker cat with a leather jacket and a cool Harley for my friend Teresa's son-in-law that says, "I like my bike, but ... I love my wife." It's for his birthday.
I finished one that won't ever be for sale. It is a puppy made from a scrap piece and he is looking up and smelling a lovely fushia blossom. It is called "Scrapper Takes Time" . Every once in a while I make one that I just can't part with. He's hanging on the wall right here by the computer where I can enjoy him regularly. He makes me smile.
I also did some laundry and visited with my friend, Stevie's cat, Willow who was very happy to see me and get good pets.
OK. That is enough sharing for this hermit...
What's still on your list that you want to do??? Do tell.

No comments: