Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Learning New Things

I love learning new things. That's what makes me a good teacher. I never feel like I have it all "figured out" so I just keep trying to figure it all out. I even love learning new things about technology....once in a very great while, but don't tell anyone.
So, what I learned today is how to pull my pictures off of the computer and put them in here. What I didn't learn is how to put them exactly where I want them. Can anyone help with that? They each just went to the top of the page instead of next on the page...
Well, anyway, these are some of my Whimsical Woolies. Let me tell you about them.
This is one of the very first ones that I did and it still makes me smile. It says, "Yum. Tastes like chicken. (oh, it is chicken...)" Look at the grin on that face. He fits in an 11x14 mat, so the art work is about 4x6. Real feather.

Here we have the Cat Whisperer. He just evolved from a southwest feeling. Must be leftover from our 2 years in New Mexico. What do you suppose that crow is telling him? He also fits in an 11x14 frame.

The title of this one is "Mamas don't let your kittens grow up to be cowboys." Doesn't he look little boy determined? That is a real (little) piece of bandana and string for rope. Also 11x14.
This is what I do for fun. I have a gift for creating given to me from the first Creator and every so often I simply must create something. I also make baskets as you know. Maybe I will show you some of them tomorrow.
So, what do you think? Do you have a favorite saying that you think would be cute? Always looking for ideas...
Hope they make you smile for awhile.

6 comments:

tforman7 said...

Love them, they are so cute. Maybe I should trade my bird, snake, bunny killing cats for them.

Unknown said...

I still like mine the best of all :)

Constance said...

These are DARLING!! Love them!!!!

Donna said...

Tiffany, at least the cats take care of things...the dogs just bark!
Chelsea, that's because yours is most special just like you!
Connie, thanks. Just wanted you to know I had talents, too. Haha.

Corrine Clark said...

Do you remember when you and Jenna made that really cool picture by just cutting out paper? I still have that in a frame in my kitchen... I wonder how old it is, because I forgot to date it. :( Your talent is always a pleasure to see!

Donna said...

Thanks, Corrine. I am so glad you are reading and responding...