Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tears and Blessings

I don't know if it is just because I have been attempting to live my life more purposefully, more abundantly, more in the adventure of each day but things get to me and I tear up easily. Not saying this is a bad thing.
Josh and Kara have been married for 5 years and Josh posted his remembrances of his wedding day and the music that was playing as Kara walked down the aisle. I listened to the music and cried thinking of Kara, who was born in Scotland, walking down the aisle with her father in his kilt to the sounds of bagpipes playing Highland Cathedral. I cried again when I tried to share it with my husband.
This morning we got up and took the dogs for a run at Shangri La Ti Da. On the way back into town we decided to stop at the farmer's market. Walked the dogs up with us and everyone loved seeing them. I bought new red potatoes, peas, lettuce, and brown eggs and I cried again when we got back in the car. It was just so peaceful and personal and genuine and these words just aren't really capturing my feelings, but I was just so moved when we got back in the car I cried. Tonight we had a yummy dinner with some corn on the cob added to the other veggies! Don't tell my husband's family that he ate a vegetable dinner! Oh, we did sprinkle a little bacon on the potatoes.
We have a squash plant of some sort growing unbidden at Shangri La Ti Da. The plant is vigorous, huge dark green leaves, yellow blooms bigger than my hand and a green squash about the size of a small football with out the points on the ends. Any ideas what kind it is? I am taking it to church with me tomorrow to ask there.
I went to MountainMade and collected my artwork. They have sold 8 pieces since March. I think that is pretty good. They kept 2 at the store.
We put in one of the windows in Flicka's shed. Very exciting!
My new friend, Connie, won best of show at the McGrew House photo contest with a stunning photo of her twin girls dressed in their pink fairy costumes and tennis shoes walking away from her into the forest primevel. You can almost hear them singing a little song as they walk along with their heads together and their wings touching...
And next year they are all mine in Kindergarten!
When you pay attention it is amazing how many blessings fall on you in a single day's time.
Going to finish shelling the peas for lunch tomorrow and count my blessings for today as I work.
Count your blessings, too.

2 comments:

Constance said...

Thanks for your nice comments on my pics, that's so sweet! Oh, and I will happily be your "official class photographer". The squash - are you talking about ZUCCHINI??? If you are, people are going to laugh at you for not knowing what it is! LOL ;)

Donna said...

If it is a zucchini, it is one short fat one...just like the rest of my family! I ate some of it yesterday and have survived. It was yummy.