Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Deer Me

A little bit of catching up from yesterday. I went to Terra Alta to visit with my friend, Stevie's cat, Willow while Stevie is in Ireland. Willow is always very happy to see his favorite petter. Much purring. As I went out the back door there were 5 deer in the back yard and they showed no sign of leaving. They watched me watch them as I stood quietly. As they moved on in their grazing, I moved on to the car. There were 2 adults and 3 little ones. Ahhh.
As I was coming down the mountain I pulled into Carol's Curl Up and Dye beauty shop because it looked like no one was there. I don't like to make hair appointments because you know how on the day you are to get it cut it always looks really good and causes you to 2nd guess yourself? So, I like to just drop in for a hair cut. Carol had a free few minutes and did a nice job on my cut. It actually looks almost like I have been wanting it to look for a very long time...still need bangs to grow about an inch longer. Where did the word bangs come from? Weird. Any way I really like it and she didn't charge me anything...When their home burned a while back we helped them out a bit and so she wouldn't take my money. Doing God's work often has little surprise paybacks.
Today I went on a mega bike ride...22 miles! On my sparkly raspberry red old lady bicycle it was a breeze. Oh, and it was a flat rail-trail, too. Had to stop a couple of times for deer in the trail. Saw squirrels and bunnies and houses that I have no idea how they get to them. I rode from Marilla Park to the PA line and the trail map says that is 11 miles one way. My husband was doing another little job so no time at Shangri La Ti Da today.
I am finally losing some weight again and I have just noticed that God has answered prayer. Does that happen to you sometimes? You pray for awhile and then other things come up and you pray for them and kind of forget the prayer you were praying...I have been praying that I not be obsessed with food and all of a sudden I find my self enjoying food that I fix for my husband and I. I'm not a half bad cook and it is good for us food. We used to eat out probably 4 nights a week. I enjoy taking a lunch with us to Shangri La Ti Da and today I took a lunch with me. Food is becoming normal for me. Thank the Lord.
I tied one of my little baskets onto the front of my bicycle and I could fit my lunch, keys, phone and ipod and it looked pretty durn cute!
Now I am going to start a new basket for another project.
Did you have a good day? Have any blessings come back around to you lately?

1 comment:

Constance said...

I still can't believe you road a bike for 22 miles!!!! Not even 11 miles!! LOL