Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Possibilities and Planning

Yesterday, my little husband and I had a little date. We went to a non-matinee movie and shopping for new tennis shoes in a size 13. We were out way past our normal bedtime and my husband got some hip hop tennies...it was them or granpa's favorites. Not that much choice when you wear size 13!
Today we got up and out to Shangri La Ti Da early...had to beat the rain...and we were done by 10:15. We didn't even get to eat the picnic lunch. Our shed, which shall henceforth be known as Flicka's stable, is now waterproof! I let my husband drive the last nail. Can't say I'm sorry we are done driving nails for awhile. I have boo-boos on 3 of the fingers of my holding hand. All are healing very nicely, thanks. So, we are ready for the next step and had to take a little time for planning and thinking about possibilities. We went off to Lowe's in Oakland to see about soffit and fascia and shingles or tin roof. We got lucky and asked a very nice and helpful man, George a few questions and found out all we needed to know. Unfortunately, we didn't bring the right vehicle to transport what we needed so we will be going back. But, that is OK because somehow this week we lost a day. We were thinking that today was Thursday. On the way home from Oakland we picked up a hitchhiker who probably got a little nervous when we tried to convince him that it was only Thursday. Anyway, we were supposed to go to MountainMade to collect my art work on Friday, which just so happens to be today, so we will have to go there tomorrow and Oakland isn't that far out of the way...ahhh, the joys of not having to go to work every day.
Spent the evening at school. I love this time of the year and all of the possibilities that are looming. I think I got a schedule worked out and theme related activities for the year (Amazing Animal Adventures) assigned to time periods and all the CSO's divided up through out the year. I think they are calling that curriculum mapping these days...whatever.
It was a creative, productive, enjoyable few hours.
What did you do that was creative, productive and enjoyable today?

No comments: