Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Project Progress

Busy and rewarding day. We went out to the property...need to think of something more descriptive to call it...early this morning. It was still cool and clear as a picture postcard. All day the clouds were beautiful and the temps were reasonable. We saw a momma deer and her two fawns and a wild hen turkey. We saw the bluebird and a hummingbird who came to check out my brightly colored tie-dye shirt. While I was mowing I saw a mouse and a snake...no, not anywhere near each other.
Don worked on the "skylight" we had left in the roof previously. It is no more. The whole roof is on! Still need the finishings but you could stay pretty dry inside the shed now. Yippee! He climbed up and down the ladder many times.
My job today was mowing. I love that job. I named the riding lawnmower, Flicka. I tried pushing Flicka a little faster than I did the last time...from 5 to 6 with 7 being rabbit. She did go faster. Do any of you remember seeing advertised some sort of fat shaker thing that was a big rubber looking strap you put around your behind and it shook you? That's what it felt like riding Flicka at 6. I backed her back down to 5. We now have a yard and a field. The yard is probably a bit more than an acre and the house will go at the back of that section eventually.
I packed us a picnic lunch and we sat in the shade and enjoyed lunch and each other.
When we were done out there I changed clothes and went to Morgantown to get my new bike. It is even better than raspberry...it is sparkly raspberry! Very groovy. I took it down to the rail-trail behind Med Express and gave it a test ride. It was so comfy and easy. I am happy! Now if I can't walk on my sore heel, I can ride...all good. And I am trying to give up the need I have always had to time myself so that I can do better the next time I ride. I really do want my bike just to be for enjoyable time outside.
Made my husband and I dinner, we sat on the porch and ate and now I am going to read for a bit.
While mowing I continued my petitioning with God about what I am to be about at this stage in my life...listening and waiting. Waiting and listening.
And enjoying the journey.

No comments: