Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ride'Em Cowgirl!

This morning when I took the Grace and Mercy girls outside it was so misty that you could see the water in the air blowing and moving like rivers in the sky...lovely and refreshing.
My big adventure for the day was learning how to drive the riding lawn mower that we bought for $400 to use on our almost 4 acre lot that has been a hay field up to this point. Anyway, I was nervous to try it and didn't want people there watching me so I went out by myself and read the directions and drove! It was so relaxing and outdoors and FUN. My poor husband has lost that job for sure. He can run the sweeper in the house. It is a little bit loud, but not so much so that I can't listen to my friend Patrick talk about God being at war. Lots of time for thinking deep thoughts...such as who knew that after 53 years of living there is still something as fun as learning to drive the riding lawn mower to be learned. I rode around in circles for 2 hours... ahhhhhh!
What I learned from Patrick today was a reminder about the power of prayer and how many times in the Scriptures it tells how God changed his plans according to prayers from his people. That is pretty exciting stuff....
What did you learn today?

No comments: