Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Gentle Spirit

Another bike ride today. I think I need a name for the seriously cool sparkly rasberry old lady bike...any suggestions? I am becoming The Old Lady Who Named Things...a kids book by Cynthia Rylant I think. Whatever.
The bike ride was only about 17 miles today...from Reedsville down the mountain to Morgantown where my husband met me. Took about 2 hours.
While I was riding, I was listening to a podcast of one of my friend Patrick's sermons, watching the wildlife, and praying about how I am to be being right now...again! Anyway, in the sermon, Patrick said that we should have a love for our Lord, a gentle spirit and a heart for service. For now, for today that seems like a worthy and doable goal. My aim is to fill my heart and mind with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control, because it is what we are filled with that comes out in our words and actions.
Feel free to help me with this in any way you see fit. Really.
What are you full of?

2 comments:

Constance said...

ONLY 17 miles - what a loser!!! LOL You know I'm kidding!! I've not ridden 17 miles in my LIFE. hahahahaha You need to get some pix on here woman! I'm dying to see the raspberry.

Donna said...

It's on my list of things to figure out. Just not on the top of the list yet!