Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Heroes

My husband is home from Boy Scout camp and we had a date day. We went to Morgantown and ate at the Chinese restaraunt where we ate on our first date. I can remember how nervous I was and how with a smile and a hug as we both got out of our cars, he made me feel safe. Today we were the only ones in the place so the food was fresh and the service was good. He says he wasn't nervous the first time. I remember him talking nonstop and I forgot my doggy box when we left. That would be understandable since I almost never have left overs that I want to take home. I must have been trying to be dainty and feminine to impress him. Next we went to look at bikes at Wamsley's and Pathfinder. No deal at Wamsley's but found one I liked...it's painted raspberry...at Pathfinder. They will order me fenders so it will be more retro looking. I can pick it up early next week. Yippee! Last we went to a movie at the same theater, the Warner, that we went to on our first date. We saw the movie, Pelham 123. Intense.
Made me think of heroes in our world. People who will sacrifice for others. Might not be a life threatening situation as it was in the movie, probably won't be for most of us, but opportunities to sacrifice for others abound. God tells us to be his face in our world...have I been? On Facebook, Rachael posted this comment: It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. I have heard that before and believe it is true. If we show the light of God in our lives so that people know that we are not going to be like the darkness in this world won't they talk about us? Laugh at us? Avoid us? Or will they turn to us when they are hurt and confused and want to know why we are not? How can I be a hero in someone's life today? How can you?

No comments: