Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Amazing Folks

Today I spent the morning with my little husband at Shangri La Ti Da working on the trim for Flicka's stable. It will be painted a gold to compliment the cheery yellow walls. Can't wait to see them together. While we were there a guy stopped from PSD2. He wasn't looking for us but we had a nice visit. He is a man who I have only known before to be testy and grouchy and short tempered always. Today we had a perfectly pleasant visit. I am so happy that I saw him in this completely new light. Now, I can hold on to that and see past an occasional grouch! And I can only hope that others will do the same for me.
This afternoon I had an amazing afternoon with some amazing folks making some amazing beads.
Amazing folk number one is Tiffany. She is an amazing mother. Her 2 boys are interesting, amusing, well behaved and cute beyond words.
Amazing folk number two is Misty. She is an amazing daughter. As her mother faces a life changing event, Misty is standing right beside her strong, supportive and funny!
Amazing folk number three is Susi. As she faces the scariest thing in her life to this point she does it with grace, self-lessness and humor. She is an amazing person.
And if I was really with it, I would have here a photo of the amazing beads we made. But, sorry.
There are amazing folks all around each of us...can you find them? Are you someone else's amazing person?
Thank you ladies for a memorable afternoon.
You are amazing folk!

4 comments:

Constance said...

What do you make the beads out of?

Oh and guess what - apparently I tossed the box of basket weaving supplies, because it's not in my "craft room"!! THAT is why I normally do not EVER throw anything away!!! THAT reason, right there! As SOON as I do, I need/want it!!! Never fails!

Donna said...

OK then I will have to give up basket making.
The beads are made out of FIMO clay kind of stuff. Still haven't figured out how to string them into something I can wear...

Misty said...

I am flattered that you consider me "amazing." I concur that my mom falls into that category, though. I had a wonderful time and think we should make an effort to get together more often and craft for our mental health! That's going to be one of my missions this year. I'm going to try to build a better working environment amongst our co-workers by providing stress relieving craft time.

Donna said...

That sounds like a great idea!