Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fiesta!

My little husband and I went to visit with his family in Wellsburg today. Family from New Mexico were in and we see them very rarely, and we had never seen the baby who turned out to be completely precious.
But the really good news is that I got to go to the Fiesta Outlet! Aside from the fact that I love Fiesta, it makes me proud that it is a West Virginia company and it is sold and loved all around the world.
Anyway, the outlet is attached right to the factory. You can smell the painting process as you walk up. You can see the actual workers changing shifts. It is great.
When you walk in, you see the top of the line dishes to torture you with before you make your way to the back where the 2nds are. You pick up a milk crate and begin the adventure. There are just bins and bins of each piece of dinnerware in all of those colors. It was so fun to see the "pros". Many had rags with them to wipe off the dust to check for color inconsistencies, etc. One smart lady had a tube sock on one hand to wipe with. At first I thought she must have poison ivy or something until I saw her in action. One man spent the entire time I was there moving close to 100 dishes to find his favorite 10 or so. I thought he was good to go and the next time I looked he was down to just about 5 dishes, but he was happy. Then there were the ladies who walked out with only one item. They had to be locals is all I can figure. Me, on the other hand, a milk crate so heavy that I could hardly carry it...
Left with much happiness and colorful eating possibilities!
Let me know if you need a guide for getting there.

2 comments:

Constance said...

I don't have any (I know!!!) - fiesta-ware, but I do love it. It makes me smile. I will have it someday! It will just get broken now... OH you must have looked like a complete tourist without your tube sock on your arm!!! How embarrassing! LOL

Donna said...

I was definitely an amateur! It is almost breakless...
My goal is no 2 of the same color.