Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Look At Me

I was pretty subdued for the rest of the day after finding out that the school key had been stolen. Feeling vulnerable, I suppose. I went up to spend the evening with Stevie's cat, Willow, and on the way back I was praying....might be considered whining to anyone but God. Anyway, driving home in the dark I was telling God about all these evil spirits that were attacking me and trying to steal my peace-fullness. I was begging him to deal with the spirit of fear, spirit of vulnerablility, spirit of anger, spirit of unease, spirit of frantic-ness, spirit of overwhelming...got the idea? So, I say to Him, "Please, God, Creator of peace and abundant living, take care of all of these evil spirits, because...." At that time I hear Him say, "Don't look at them. Look at me." As quickly as that I am smiling again and amazed again at our God. I just chuckled and said, "OK."
Now, it isn't just that easy and I had to turn and look at God often during the rest of the night and today. But he was always looking back.
Key is still missing but my peace is intact.

No comments: