Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

God in the Details

Sometimes you don't realize that God has been so involved until after the fact. Here's the story...
Last Thursday, I left a long list of things I needed/wanted to get finished on Friday before my kids started on Monday...I'm talking a LONG list. This is that list that gets made when there is no more time to do all the things you have been mulling around in your mind all summer waiting for the bad ideas to fall out of your mind so you would only have to deal with the really good ideas that have stayed with you all summer. Am I the only one who does this?
Anyway, as soon as I get to work on Friday I find out that my friend, Roseann has been evicted from her classroom and has to relocate UP a hill and be ready for her kids on Monday. I'm sure my principal was happy it wasn't me he had to give this news to. That is certainly not "spreading the joy" like he likes to say.
Anyway, I run home and change clothes and bring a shirt for Roseann and we work hard all day...sorting, packing, moving UP a hill on Friday! By the end of the day we were nowhere near ready. She still had a home visit to do Friday afternoon. We worked again for about 8 hours on Saturday and her little nest looks really good and ready for kids in the morning. However, nothing was done on my list. Usually that would have me in a panic, BUT, God is and has been in the details...
#1 I was available to help on Friday even though we had kept that day open originally for extra parent/home visits. My "extra" visits ended up happening on Wednesday without any planning on my part.
#2 I was able to relax about my lack of preparedness for Monday because for the first time since ever, we are only having half of our children come and then the other half on Tuesday. Heck you can let 12 kids entertain themselves if you need to and things shouldn't get too out of hand. I'm not planning too, but the stress level is easily halved when the case load is halved.
#3 The move is a good thing for Roseann, into a little nicer facility with a lot less stuff and now we are nearly neighbors.
So, maybe it doesn't seem like much to you, but for me, I see God's hands all over this...and a big smile on His face now that it is done. I can see Him sitting up there (well, this part is a little fuzzy since I can't really picture Him and I don't really know where there is...) smiling and saying, "I love it when a plan comes together."
Where have you seen God in your life lately?

No comments: