Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, August 3, 2009

A Clean House

My husband was the preacher yesterday at church...it's not easy being the preacher's wife! He did a great job and I beamed appropriately. His mom and brother came down for the event and so, we had to clean house. Of all the good and cool things I have been doing this summer, house cleaning isn't one of them. I love when my house is tidy and clean. I do. Really. I just don't like cleaning it. But, that beginnings theme can work here, too. I can begin again. I love slipping into crisp clean sheets. I can begin to see that that happens more and more often. I love fresh flowers in a vase. I can begin to see that that happens. I like a dog hair free environment...well, I can brush them more, but dog hair free??? Probably not going to happen with our two hairy beasts. I love clutter free counter tops. I can begin to see that everything makes it to it's assigned place each day. See, I can begin to love housecleaning, because I love the outcome...right? OK. It's a stretch, but not a complete impossibility.
Today I loved riding Flicka for about 3 and a half hours and the mowing is done again....so much more fun than sweeping! Maybe if I wear the ipod for house cleaning, hmmmm...
Going now to visit with Stevie's kitty, Willow. Up the mountian I go.
What do you love best about a clean house?

2 comments:

tforman7 said...

My favorite part about a clean house is that night when you finally get to sit down, I like to light a few candles or turn on the dim lights and just sit and enjoy the clean smell and the sight of my clean floor.

Donna said...

That's it! I am up to about day 3 of keeping things pretty tidy. Making me happy...