Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Piece of the Peace

After much thought and consideration I have decided on the reason for much of my peace-fullness this summer.
As a teacher, maybe especially a kindergarten teacher, I am always in charge, of organizing, supplying, preplanning, evaluating, in other words, everything! Mostly I am quite OK with that and usually pretty good at it, too.
However, about house building, I know next to nothing. For quite some time, though, that didn't really seem to matter that much. I still wanted/needed to be in charge of everything. Wasn't really working out all that well, even with my endlessly patient husband. It wasn't bothering him much, he just did what he knew needed done in a logical and methodical process. But me? It was driving me crazy. It often didn't seem logical or methodical and it was taking forever!
At some point, after much praying (OK, it could be construed as whining) to God, I just gave it up.
My little husband, the builder is in charge. Most of the time (old habits die hard) I wait for him to tell me what to do. There are a few things that by now I know need doing and I can go ahead with them.
I wish you could feel the lightness in my heart and soul. The joy in my days. I'M NOT IN CHARGE.
Now, if I can take that and hold onto it for the bigger picture. I'm not in charge of so much in my life...often even when I think I am.
God can be in charge and the joy and lightness will only increase. Right?
It makes me smile. You?

No comments: