Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blessed

All summer it was mostly just me and my little husband in our little world building and mowing and enjoying our life together. It was a most peaceful season. A blessing. A healing. A beginning.
Now it is back to work time and I am overwhelmed by the pain and sadness in so many of the lives that I will be touching or touched by daily. There are mothers with cancer, husbands who are sick, elderly family members who are fading, students with sick grandparents, students with dicey living situations...and the usual school "stuff"...way past challenging classes, facilities that are crumbling, classroom evictions the day before students are to begin.
All I can do is cry out, "O, my God, your sheep need a shepherd. Come quickly."
I am blessed beyond belief. I have much reason to shine. I am looking for every opportunity to be His hands, His feet, His arms and His smile in my little corner of the world. My season of peace-fullness was purposeful, so that I am more able to be present to folks around me, to share my peace (or as my principal says...share the joy!). God knows what He is doing...well, I guess that isn't exactly a newsflash but it is always exciting to see it and realize it in your very own little life.
Count your blessings and share your light!

No comments: