Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Call It A Day

Went shopping with my friend, Stevie, today.
Here's the rundown -
*some last minute school supplies (but still have a few to get)
*new music CD (Kari Jobe...thanks, Rachel for the recommendation)
*a new pair of jeans that fit and are comfortable...in a short petite, which seems a bit redundant, but works out perfectly.
*3 animal books with their matching stuffed animals...my theme this year is Amazing Animal Adventure
* interesting stories and discussions
*yummy tortilla soup at Don Pablo's
*plenty of laughter about things that probably only 2 old friends would find funny
*Battenburg lace curtains (white to match the facia and soffit) for Flicka's stable (aka storage shed)...but, of course!
*quality time in a JoAnn's Fabric after a dash through torrential rain and a parking lot flood
*nice bargains at Eddie Bauer outlet
*green beans and limas for my 3 bean salad for meeting/dinner tomorrow...not to worry, I already have the third bean product
***and, oh yeah, 4 new tires!
Seems that at some point Stevie drove over a bolt, not a screw with a point, but a blunt bolt about an inch and a quarter long and 1/8" wide and imbedded it in her rear tire. When we stopped at the teacher store she decided to check out the clicking noise we had noticed. Then she decided to get out her little crow bar and pry out the source of the little clicking noise which immediately changed into a big hissing noise! Because God loves us especially and didn't figure the crowds that would gather to watch us change a tire in the parking lot would be safe, Stevie noticed right away that there was a Firestone store right on the other side of the parking lot. She jumped in the car (after safely storing the crow bar for the next adventure) and sped to the Firestone haven where Shane was waiting with nothing to do and an empty lift. I get to spend plenty of time in the teacher store and Stevie gets to mark new tires off of her to-do list.
Time to call it a day!
What did you do today?

3 comments:

MonchyB said...

What I did today? Worked a bit and mostly cryed... for last few days:(
I am glad you two had fun!!
Kiss,
Monika

Donna said...

Hey, I am so glad you are reading my blog!
Remember that you are worth more than you think you are especially right now.
Do you have a blog?

MonchyB said...

I started it few days ago.. http://mobogataj.blogspot.com/
...but i do not feel yet to write.. I put some photos on only;) and i have to take some time, to figure out how this think works... But for you, I should write it in English??