Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Reality Check

Well, I'm not sure how this is going to work now that I am back at work. I lived pretty much in my sweet little bubble all summer with my husband and my furry family. We had hard work, good food and peace.
Two days in to work and my light is flickering.
Had a little picnic planned for lunch time at Shangri La Ti Da today and half the people couldn't come, Stevie came stressed, I forgot things to take. I was sad.
But the stable is still very cute and I am very proud of my little husband and myself.
It was a bit of a roller coaster ride today. There are people in pain, unhappy people, overwhelmed people, a possible flu pandemic...and I'm pretty sure I didn't let my little light shine brightly enough to make a difference yet.
Will it be possible? Can I be in the world without being overcome by the world?

4 comments:

tforman7 said...

You can be in the world without being overcome by it. You did add some light today, you just didn't know it. Andy got his little surpise stickers from you tonight and was thrilled that Mrs. Lohr hadn't forgotten him. He is still getting used to the idea that you are not going to be his teacher.

Donna said...

Thanks, Tiffany. Today was better in every way.

Julia said...

Donna,
Just remember that we serve a Sovereign Lord and through Him and His Grace we can be that light. We'll never be a perfect light--but we never know how the Lord may choose to use us. Oh, by the way, I'm enjoying your little piece of cyberspace. Hope you have a great year--we start tomorrow too!

Donna said...

Julia, I am so happy to see you here and hear you here. Thanks for the words of encouragement.