Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Monday, August 17, 2009

It's That Time

I love this time of year. I am always so excited to start the new year with a clean slate...more beginnings...and new kids. I get so excited that I often wake up in the middle of the night nervous. I so want to do it right. These little folks only get one first day of Kindergarten. No pressure.
So, I have been thinking and planning and buying and organizing and arranging most of the summer. I suppose it will be alright to retire never having believed that I "had it all figured out." Figuring it out is part of the adventure.
I can remember the first day of many years was special because I got to see my friends, I got new "stuff" and I got a new teacher. I decided to be a teacher early on because I had such wonderful, caring, teachers as I was growing up (and because I was usually the teacher's pet-tough job but someone had to do it). I can remember one bad first day. It was 3rd grade and that was the year you got to move up to big kid desks (woohoo!)...but my teacher that year, Mrs. Farren, decided I was too short because my feet wouldn't touch the ground (not that that really mattered because I usually sat with my feet tucked up under me anyway....wow, can't do THAT anymore) so she took my big kid desk out in the hall and called for a spare little kid desk to be brought in for me. Mostly I love being not tall, but not so much that very day. I don't believe I grew into a big kid desk all that year.
Do you remember what your best part of the first day of school was? Share.

No comments: